Monday, November 19, 2012

Star Trek

This clip is not from Star Trek, but it shows how embedded Star Trek is in our culture.

     While the newer Star Trek series have upped the game as far as set design, and the acting may be less over-wrought, I still love the Original Series.

     A recent poll asked what series you would choose if you could only watch one of them for the rest of your life. The One Trek Show You'd Watch Forever Is... This is a tough one for me, but I agree with the readers at Startrek.com, the Next Generation would be my series of choice. Fortunately I don't have to choose, because all of the series AND movies are available on Netflix. Even the Animated Star Trek.

     If you haven't seen the Original Series in years, they have been updated with some new special effects. Many of the scenes in space have been re-engineered and they look great. I watched the Blu-Ray disc and saw the comparisons between the broadcast version and the new version, and they look amazing. The Special Effects CGI crew took great pains to stick to the style and mood of the original effects but they are fresh and crisp. I recommend seeing them.
It is possible to commit no errors and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life. -Captain Picard to Data, Star Trek: The Next Generation, “Peak Performance”
Available at Netflix

No comments: